Thursday, May 15, 2008

Should I bring my car here?

Just before I attend this course, I decided to drive and bought a beautiful luxurious second- hand Avante cause I thought I would be transferred to a high school, but I came here instead( so happy). Well, I have driven my car only for 2 weeks and left it in Ulsan. My problem is I'm not that confident in driving. I'd really like to practice how to drive well during the weekend, but I'm too afraid to drive for that long time in expressway. It's obvious that i can't afford to practice driving when I go back to school which make me get in trouble for some time. I want to prevent that situation from happening. What should I do?--!

8 comments:

Jason said...

Hi, Donna.
Congratulations on your buying a new car! I understand how you feel. I think almost all the people who drive their car for the first time are worried about their driving. Once they drive, they may think they were worried too much before. But it's a long distance from Ulsan to here. So if you want to bring your car here, you'd better ask someone for help.

Nicole said...

Hi Donna,
I'm so happy that you finally have your blog up. Here is the address for the mother blog; http://nicolescoversationclasses.blogspot.com

I guess I will answer your question with an old expression; "Practice makes perfect.", so you should try your best to drive here to get some practice before you go back to work.

Amanda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amanda said...

Hi Donna,
First of all, thank you for your dedicated answer to my question. Your logic is quite impressive and persuasive.

In my opinion, if you feel afraid to drive on the highway, you could practice your driving during weekends.
Also, since we will be back from PSU about two weeks before your school begins, why don't you have an "intensive" driving practice for two weeks?

Anonymous said...

Hi Donna,
Congratulations on your buying a car. Maybe,I think you'd like to drive these days. When I drove a car fisrt, it was interesting. I have been driving for over 20 years, but driving is not easy. It's a long distance from Ulsan to this center. After finishing this progrm and practicing more, you can drive. I think it's better.

justin said...

Hi donna.
Congratulations on your new car!
Maybe you are very excited and a little worried.
One of the best ways to improve your driving skill is to practice driving in a free road for a long time in a day. Then you can improve your skill for a short time.
And practice going strait backward
in a wide place like a playground. Maybe you will have a confidence in driving.
In the beginning you drive throug the same course in the city for a few days until you are accustomed to the traffic lights and street circumstances.
I hope you enjoy your driving and improve your skill soon.
See you

Grace(Jeong A) said...

Whatever it is, trying a new thing sure gives me some worries as well as excitement. You remind me of my experience as a driver. I don't think I'm a person who could enjoy driving. It means I can't give you any practical help, I'm sorry. But I think it would be helpful to practice for some days before returning to school as Amanda said. Cheer up! After all, you can make it!

hanah said...

I also agree with Jason. It's just getting help from your brother could be great and driving in the highway is easier than local actually. Experience!!! That's a new world